Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Reading Diary A: Grimm unit

For this week, I chose the reading unit Grimm. One of my favorite stories was about Clever Elsie. I liked this story because everyone thought that Clever Elsie was so clever, but I did not really agree. In the story, Clever Elsie's parents want to marry her off, but no man will have her unless she is smart. So a man by the name of Hans comes to court Clever Elsie. Hans decides if he want to marry Clever Elsie by having dinner with her and her family. At the start of dinner Clever Elsie's mother asks her to get some beer, but Clever Elsie never comes back up from getting the beer because she is crying. The reason why she is crying is because she thinks that an ax will kill her and Hans future son. So each person one by one comes down and asks Clever Elsie what is wrong and sit and cry with her until Hans is the last one at the dinner table. Hans comes down and sees all the commotion and decides he will marry Clever Elsie. The ending of the story I did not really understand, so in my storytelling this week I will probably change the ending.  

No comments:

Post a Comment