Sunday, April 26, 2015

College Writing Experience



Before this past school year, I thought I was a pretty good writer. I am a pretty good writer, just not as good as I thought I was. This class has taught me that I have a long way to go before I am a good writer. I am a psychology major, and it is important to be a goof writer because many psychologist do have a report their research, and also share their findings. This is not an easy job. This is why I take classes that are writing intensive to keep me on my toes. Another course that showed me that my writing needs work was in my meteorology class. Boy was the paper that I turned in rough. The professor tore my paper to pieces. I kind of felt down as a writer afterwards because no other professor had given me a low grade on a paper before. Not even in English Composition, and so I was shocked. The experience definitely humbled me and showed that I needed to be better as a writer. 

If I were to design my own course that had do with writing and my major, it would probably just be similar to the psychology capstone that I took. We basically just researched and wrote about popular topics pertaining to psychology. I think when a person loves what they are writing is when they write their best. I know what I am not passionate about what I am writing about, then I tend to make more mistakes. I feel I experienced this a lot in this course. It was very fun, but I had moments were I just was not feeling anything I was writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment